Lighthouse Property Management and its team members are committed to saving the planet through sensible and sustainable utilization of our valuable natural resources. To do our part, we have committed ourselves to performing the following green efforts and we encourage all of our residents and potential residents to do the same.
- Don’t leave water running while you are brushing your teeth or shaving.
- Take showers of no more than four minutes and use less water for baths. Check out our cool Four-Minute Shower Campaign below.
- Wash only full loads of dishes or clothes. If you wash dishes by hand, fill sink with soapy water and rinse, rather than let water run down the drain.
- Instead of throwing out a half empty glass of water, use leftover water for houseplants.
- Avoid using the toilet as a wastebasket or flushing the toilet unnecessarily.
- Turn A/C or heat off when no one is at home.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lights).
- Charge cell phones in your car and, while at home, unplug chargers for cell phones and other battery-powered devices once the device has been charged or when not in use.
- Turn computers off or put them in standby mode when not in use.
- Do not use running water to thaw meat or other frozen foods; instead, defrost food overnight in the refrigerator or by using the defrost setting on your microwave.
- Avoid using heat-producing appliances (i.e. oven range, dishwasher, computer, lights and TV sets) during the warmest times of the day.
- Do not exceed a maximum A/C temperature of 78° and do not exceed a minimum heat temperature of 72°.
- Shut doors and air vents in unoccupied rooms during peak heating or cooling seasons.
- Turn off lights when not in use and remove a few bulbs from fixtures or track lighting.
- Draw draperies and window shades on sunny side of your home to block sunlight heat.
- Talk to your family and friends about saving water. If everyone does a little, we all benefit a lot.
- Recycle everything you can.
Not only do these actions help to reduce utility bills and make your home more comfortable, they reduce our energy footprints. We are all responsible for reducing our carbon footprint and protecting our earth.